June 25, 2011

Mt. Lofty

Hi everyone!

The highlight of this week was an awesome dinner at the house of Heather and John (who works at the archaeology dept). We started with champagne and a tray of cheeses and olives. For dinner, we had delicious zucchini parsley soup with fresh bread, followed by grilled snap peas, asparagus and salmon. Dessert was incredible: chocolate cake with caramel and homemade honey ice cream. Wow. Everyone at the dinner was really nice, and it was certainly one of the yummiest and funnest meals I've had in a long long time.

Yesterday, I went on a hike with a few friends to Mt. Lofty, which, while probably not technically a mountain, was a really pretty walk up to a great view. Also, I brought croissants and dolmas, which made the whole endeavor 120% more rewarding.  

In other good news, I finally found a beer I really like, Vale Ale.

View of Adelaide from the top of Mt Lofty. Downtown is visible, and so is the ocean.



No comments:

Post a Comment