June 18, 2011

Adelaide fun

Hi everyone! I've been up to some fun stuff in Adelaide since returning from Canberra. My hostel is really close to the Adelaide Central Market which is, as would be predicted from the name, a large market. There is tons of cheap veggies and fruits there, as well as cheese, olives, bakery goods, wine and coffee. I've been by a few times to pick up some odds and ends, but on Saturday morning I went for a cup of coffee to soak up the scene. I had a nice night Friday, I went to a pub with some friends, there was a great band playing. The one majorly disturbing thing about Australia so far (especially for someone used to Portland) is the outrageously expensive ($7 for 14 oz), crappy beer. Luckily, wine is dirt cheap and de-licious!
Today I went with some friends to Port Adelaide to go on a boat ride. The big attraction was dolphins - and we saw about a dozen! As you probably all know, I tend to freak out when watching dolphins, and I think it was only the freezing water that kept me from 'accidentally' falling in.
Also, I wrote a blog post about my research for the Finders Uni Archaeology blog. If you're interested, here's the link: flindersarchaeology.com

Mini donuts and espresso - The breakfast of champions.

We were served lunch on the boat ride. I even ate a few bites of my fish!
My friend Greg took this picture with his fancy camera.

The river banks were pretty industrial, but still interesting to see.


Port Adelaide lighthouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment