June 11, 2011

Barossa Valley

This Saturday, I went to the Barossa Valley to go wine tasting with some professors and staff from the archaeology department. The regions around Adelaide are really famous for their wines. We went to four different places and had a really nice lunch in a strawbale restaurant overlooking some vineyards. The wine all tasted good to me -- I think I inherited Dad's 'sophisticated palette'. Anyway, it was a really fun day!

Since I got to Adelaide, I've been pretty busy with reading and thinking about the culturally modified tree project that I'm here to do research for. It's going to be a really interesting project, but eight weeks is such a short time. I'm staying in the city center in a really nice hostel. Since its the Australian winter, most international people are here to work or study, so its pretty quite and relaxed around here. Flinders (the University I am doing my research through) is about 45 minutes south of Adelaide by bus. It is a really pretty campus, its on a hill where you can see lots of the surrounding area and the ocean.

If anyone would like to arrange a skype date, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment