August 7, 2011

Glenelg


Picture of Glenelg that I took from a hot air ballon.
Just kidding, its only stolen from the internets.

This week, I moved from the Adelaide CBD (central business district) to stay with my friend Amy. She lives in Glenelg, which is a suburb by the beach – this means there is a lot of fish and chips and ice cream shops. We’ve been spending a lot of time with another one of our friends, Claire, and fun times have ensued. They’ve introduced me to a delicious cheese called Haloumi, which has quickly become an all too plentiful part of my diet. We hit up a couple of the local bars this weekend, and ended one night by playing pool. I managed to play even better than average, sinking about five balls – in the course of three games. 

Claire and I having a morning cup of tea while on the Cape York road trip.
The weather here is similar to Portland in October – fairly chilly, and it’s been raining quite a bit lately. I’ve been getting into a regular schedule of working on my project at school, but every time I I’ve gotten a chunk accomplished, we have a new idea or want to incorporate more data. Anyway, I’m well into the statistical analysis, and we’re starting to plop the locational data of the scars into GIS to see what comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment